The Healthy Spine
The spine is a complex column of load-bearing vertebral bones that relies on surrounding muscles, ligaments, and connective tissues for proper function. Here is a brief overview of the properties of a healthy spine:
- The vertebrae of the spine carry most of the weight of the human body on their front, round portion, called the “vertebral body.”
- These vertebral bodies are separated by shock-absorbing discs. The discs are made of a strong fibrous exterior and gel interior.
- The rear portions of the vertebrae are connected above and below by facets.
Problems of the Spine
Here are some common problems of the spine:
- Stenosis, or narrowing of nerve root passages
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Damaged, swollen, or inflamed facet joint
We offer treatments for patients who have stenosis, degenerative disc diseases, herniated discs, or damaged, swollen, or inflamed facet joints. Using mesenchymal stem cell injections in conjunction with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, we work to decrease pain and increase joint mobility and function. Get your consultation today and get started on your spine stem cell therapy.